Language Translator

Friday 26 January 2018

Kumlien's Gull on Scilly!

After being missing for a week, the adult Kumlien's Gull turned up again yesterday and showed well in the evening at Morning Point

  Yesterday afternoon, I relocated the adult Kumlien's Gull asleep distantly on the rock at Pilchard Pool, Porthcressa. I made my ways around to where it was to get closer but there was no sign of it and instead I got 2 juvenile Iceland Gull. I got some record shots of the Kumlien's just in case I didn't see it again but I didn't have to worry. At 16.15, after work, I found the Kumlien's Gull feeding with 5 juvenile Iceland Gull at Morning Point including two new juveniles.

This is how I first saw the adult Kumlien's Gull a long ways off at Porthcressa before relocating it just around the corner at Morning Point






  
At Morning Point it showed off superbly












Kumlien's and 3 Iceland Gull

Up to 5 juvenile Iceland Gulls were also at Morning Point just before dark



Makes a change to see an Iceland Gull away from water.

A lot of scrapping goin on



  

This evening, 925 and I were treated to 5 juvenile and 2 2nd winter Iceland Gull at Morning Point but no sign of the Kumlien's Gull. The two juveniles in the bottom two photos are both new arrivals! 


After eight attempts, this adult male Peregrine caught a 1st winter Black-headed Gull at Porthloo

A Shag in the evening sunlight!

The only other news today included a single Firecrest on the Garrison and Black Redstart at Porthcressa and the 2 Black-necked Grebe are still on the harbour. 



Stunning photos by Richard Tyler on Tresco of the SNOWY OWL that has now returned back to St Martins.


Saw Alexi Murdoch at Hotel Cafe sharing the stage with Ben Harper and Pete Townsend and he blew me away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment