Language Translator

Sunday 5 November 2017

Cattle Egret over Pelistry

This Snow Bunting at Little Porth was found by Martin Goodey

  About 11.00 this morning, I got a call from Martin Goodey to tell me that he had just found a Snow Bunting at Little Porth. It wasn't until late afternoon that I got down there and as usual for this species, the bunting showed, well like a Hawfinch! I sat among the rocks, wellie deep in seaweed, and eventually the bunting walked up to me until I couldn't focus anymore on my camera! Also, there were up to 5 Black Redstart knocking around the rocks and out of them all, the male showed superbly! John Headon and Ren arrived with his daughter Sienna and we watched the bunting from the top path. There were over 20 Chaffinch feeding in the seaweed and as the flock flew low from one end of the beach to the other, a Merlin out of nowhere, took one of them and flew off towards the Garrison!


 


Male Black Redstart









 


  
Both the Black Redstart and Snow Bunting together


Meadow Pipit

Male Chaffinch

Male Merlin taking off with a Chaffinch

  Yesterday morning I stepped out of Star Castle and saw 2 Hawfinch flying SW. After a few taxis I was at Porth Hellick and while taking pics of the Water Pipit at the east end of the beach, I heard a Olive-backed Pipit call three times! It sounded like it came from the Carn Friars fields. However, after kicking the area there was no sign of it and had to make do with the 2 Reed Bunting instead. Between Porth Hellick and Holy Vale there up to 7 Yellow-browed Warbler, 1 Siberian Chiffchaff, 8 Brambling, 3 Firecrest and 20+Chiffchaff. On the pool there was the single Wigeon and 3 Teal. At Porthloo there were 5 Black Redstart, While was watching the redstarts, Joe Pender called to say that he had a Hawfinch on his nuts!! OK, I thought, I think I'll give that one a miss Joe!


Water Pipit

Siberian Chiffchaff


I also had this Firecrest at Content

  Two days ago, while I was at Lower Moors, I saw 5 Yellow-browed Warbler, 2 Siberian Chiffchaff, 1 Skylark, 1 Woodcock3 Firecrest, 15+Brambling, 20+Goldcrest and 45+Chiffchaff.  Off Peninnis Head I observed over 140 Chaffinch goin south out to sea with the odd Brambling heard. Later on at the north end of the island there were still over 300 Chaffinch in the fields.
  At 16.15, I was walking past Pelistry Farm and a Cattle Egret was flying low over the stables towards the direction of Porth Hellick, SW where I lost it as it went behind the buildings.


There were 2 Siberian Chiffchaff at each end of Lower Moors Both birds were vocal



I saw up to 30 Brambling including this one at Lower Moors


Siskin are dotted all over the shop, mostly ones and twos but I had over 20 at Lower Moors

Over 40 Chiffchaff were at Lower Moors

Male Stonechat

Chaffinch moving out to sea from Peninnis Head early in the afternoon.

I had over 300 Chaffinch



 
As it was last seen three days ago, here's some pics of Viv Stratton's Radde's Warbler at Borough Farm

  Also on St Mary's, there were a single Siberian Chiffchaff and 3 Yellow-browed Warbler at Newford Duck Pond and on the 3rd, a female Bullfinch was Shooter Pool with the other female still at Higher Moors.
  Graham Gordon found his third Little Bunting in three weeks on St Agnes, 3rd, where there was also a single Wheatear. 




Archive are a musical group based in London, England, whose music spans electronictrip hopavant-gardepost-rock and progressive rock.[1] Over their twenty-year history, the band has released ten studio albums and enjoyed established success throughout Europe, while remaining little-known in their native Britain.[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment