Language Translator

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Red-throated Pipit at Newford

There were two vocal Siberian Chiffchaff at Newford Duckpond with a single also at Holy Vale

Already early this morning, I had a text from Viv Stratton saying that he had over 100 Redwing and 30 Fieldfare over town and when I reached Pelistry there were 50+Redwing, 6 Fieldfare and a Mistle Thrush in the fields. Smaller numbers of winter thrushes were flying east out to sea. No sign of the Western Subalpine Warbler, but while standing at Newford Duckpond, for over an hour from 0945, taking pics of 2 Siberian Chiffchaff and only a single Yellow-browed Warbler, overhead, more thrushes moved through. With them were Siskin, finches, including Brambling, 2 Redpoll, 13 Skylark, 50+ Meadow Pipit and flying SW, a low flying Red-throated Pipit calling. Just before I left, I could hear a Serin and picked it up going WSW. With the long Hawthorn hedge at Trenowth, I thought it would be a good bet for more thrushes. I was very surprised when there were only 10 Redwing, 1 Firecrest and more Redpoll overhead, but I heard a Snow Bunting fly over, but could I see the damn thing! Later in the afternoon, I discovered that Darren Mason found it or another in the campsite field, Pelistry. Back to work, but when I got time, I had a quick look at Holy Vale and got a new Siberian Chiffchaff and heard a Yellow-browed Warbler. I tried the fields at Content and instead of the few finches that Graham and I had two days ago, there were well over 400 Chaffinch! Also in the same field were 40+Linnet, 100+Goldfinch and a single Woodcock.





2 Siberian Chiffchaff have been at Newford Duckpond for over a week and today both birds were chasing each other, calling



I managed to see 30+Chiffchaff today

record shot of Yellow-browed Warbler at Newford. Yesterday there were three here

In the warm sun, I saw 3 Clouded Yellow, including this one at Porth Hellick and 2 Humming-bird Hawkmoth 


Another pic of the Western Subalpine Warbler yesterday at Pelistry and Viv Stratton with Sky observing it one of it's favored hedges


Portishead are an English band formed in 1991 in Bristol. They are named after the nearby town of the same name, eight miles west of Bristol. Portishead consists of Geoff BarrowBeth Gibbons, and Adrian Utley, while sometimes citing a fourth member, Dave McDonald, an engineer on their first records. Their debut album, Dummy, was met with critical acclaim in 1994. Two other studio albums were issued: Portishead in 1997 andThird in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment