Language Translator

Monday 1 September 2014

Honey Buzzard over Garrison

 Dark morph adult male Honey Buzzard

  Yesterday morning, I got a call from 925 telling me that he had just had a Icterine Warbler in the campsite garden, Garrison. I was in a lot of pain from fracturing my ribs last week while playing football and needed some rest. It was some two hours later that I found myself searching round the garrison for the Icky. over an hour later all of note were 2 Blackcap and Chiffchaff and I slowly returned home. I looked to the skies and could see a large raptor heading my way and shouted out loud 'Honey buzzard!' It flew overhead and in a westerly direction towards Lower Moors. It was seen again on Tresco later on and speaking to a visiting birder, he told me that he had it 10 minutes before me over Porth Hellick flying towards town.
  No sign of the Bonelli's at Content, but in the surrounding fields I got 3 Whitethroat, 4 Sedge, 2 Willow Warbler, 3 Chiffchaff and a male Blackcap.



There were over 150 linnet, 100 Goldfinch and 40 Chaffinch at Content

swallow on The Garrison

Whimbrel at Giants Castle

Reed Warbler at Lower Moors

Sedge Warbler trapped at Porth Hellick

Sunset looking out to Samson from The Garrison


Hindi Zahra (born 1979 in Khouribga, Morocco) is a Franco-Moroccan singer. When coming up with a stage name, she simply inverted her birth name. Her songs are mostly in English but some lyrics as in the song Imik Si Mik are in the Berber language.

No comments:

Post a Comment