Language Translator

Sunday 29 September 2013

CRIMSON SPECKLED MOTH on St Mary's

Almost got a taste of North Africa when this CRIMSON SPECKLED almost went in my mouth to the amusement of Bob Dawson and Ritchie at Old Town Inn.
 
  
  Day off work, so I thought. Did a Taxi and then kicked the areas with no access at Lower Moors. Entering the first field I could immediately see that were migrants jumping around in the dense fog. Spotted Flycatchers, Chiffchaffs, Willow, Reed and Sedge Warblers, a single Redstart and 3 Tree Pipit. I got a call to go and meet the boat and as I was returned to me wagon, I could hear a Red-breasted Flycatcher nearby and after a few minutes I caught in the tops of the Elms. It was 12.05 and I had to be at the quay in ten minutes. Shite! An hour later I returned with Bob Dawson and Ritchie, but there was no sign of it. In the area we did a lot of the fields and got a total of 5 Redstart, 5 Spotted and 1 Pied Flycatcher, 15 Sedge, 3 Reed and 2 Willow Warbler, 7 Chiffchaff, 1 Yellow Wagtail, 2 Wheatear, alba Wagtails and the 3 Tree Pipit. Later I was told that the RBF was first seen yesterday.



Sedge Warbler, Spotted Flycatcher and Redstart
 
 
Collard Dove and Starling
 

And this beauty! CRIMSON SPECKLED MOTH. There was also one trapped yesterday on St Agnes.
  
Later and had an hour up at Green Farm I got my first Garden Warbler of the year!
 


While this cracking Lesser Whitethroat nearby was only my second of the year.
 
I made a visit to go and see Ralf and Nitt at Green Farm and this dead Convolvulus Hawkmoth was in their porch.
 
These little chaps were at Porthloo duckpond a few days ago. Aren't they so cute. If you go to the pool now, there are more than likely only 2 left!
  

I can't even rub my head and patter my tummy at the same time. Wait to see what Mr Shakey Graves can do at the same time. Amazing stripped down folk/country sound with a punk aesthetic. Whatever you call it, from freak-folk to alt-country. It's all good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment