Language Translator

Thursday 24 January 2013

My first snake of the trip!


Male Orchard Oriole

  You only have to step out of the hostel  to notice the numbers of birds and species that are on offer. What would take someone 40 minutes to walk where I went each morning, 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back, took me over 2 hours! There was so much going on I didn't know which way to turn. I just stayed rooted to the spot most of the time and waited until I had to move on. Altogether I had a total of over 70 species and everyone of them showed very well. I don't know if this is good for this area, but when the 2 hours was up, I could still see the hostel when I turned around and started returning back for breakfast. For $3, breakfast was different every morning and first class!

Variable Seedeater


Smooth-billed Ani

Golden-hooded Tanager

Male Yellow Warbler in the garden





Streaked-headed Woodcreeper

Red-crowned Woodpecker

While eating breakfast, 2 Crested Caracara and Yellow-headed Caracara were in the fields just across the track from the hostel


A few of the other birds seen included Male Yellow-crowned Euphonia, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Grey-crowned Yellowthroat, Ochard Oriole, Yellow-bellied and Blue Seedeater, Blue-black Grassquit, Black-striped Sparrow and Bananaquit


Sunday night American football AFC championship match between Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots Ravens bear the Pats handily outside at the hostel.


While watching the football Tree Frogs and Geckos are busy trying to keep the mossies down

The hostel from where I took a lot of my  pics from




Part of Quepos Town

  The great thing about staying in a hostel is that meet some very interesting people. Two guys there told me about a waterfall that you jump into. So in the early afternoon we all made the short drive to Jungle Creek. After a 30 minute walk following the creek through semi-jungle, we finally made it to the waterfall and here we had a cool time.

I spotted this Green Parrot Snake just off the path that we were on leading to the waterfall


Michael Davis Pratt (born March 10, 1957) known professionally as Jim White, is a Southern American singer-songwriter and guitarist. White's music can be loosely described as alternative country, but veers off in different, sometimes experimental directions with occasional nods to Tom Waits and the literary narratives of Flannery O'ConnorCormac McCarthy, and Harry Crews. Searching for the Wrong-eyed Jesus is a 2004 BBC documentary, directed by Andrew Douglas, in which Jim White describes his idea of the rural South. The film features performances by like-minded musicians such as The Handsome Family, David Eugene Edwards of 16 Horsepower and Johnny Dowd

1 comment: