Language Translator

Saturday 12 January 2013

Another Caspian Gull at Prisorlee Lake!

1st winter Caspian Gull at Prisorlee Lake

  It was snowing briefly mid-morning and I found myself at Horsehay Pool scanning through the 100's of gulls again. It was Yellow-legged Gulls that were the highlights with up to 5 birds (2 adult and 2nd winter and a single 1st winter. After an hour they flew off and I also made a move only to return again at 13.30. Jim was already there, but there wasn't so many gulls coming in and only a single adult Yellow-legged Gull was picked out. I had to make the long drive to my girlfriends at Colechester and as I was joining the  M54 at Prisorlee, I thought I would catch the gull roost at Lake there. When I arrived, I could see less than 20 large gulls in the NE corner and raising my bins from the car, I thought I had a good candidate for a Caspian Gull. I got the scope out, 1st winter Caspian Gull! A different bird to the other three that have been in the county since December last year! I took some pics in the bad light and then it flew off NNE only to see Tom pull up behind me. Earlier on, Latham had 3 Yellow-legged Gull also on the lake, including possibly the 3rd winter that was on Horsehay Pool yesterday.


2nd winter Yellow-legged Gull at Horsehay Pool

The Caspain Gull was onlz there for two minutes on the lake 



Liked this band for a long time! Drive-By Truckers are an alternative country/Southern rock band based in Athens, Georgia, though two out of five current members are originally from The Shoals region of Northern Alabama, and the band strongly identifies with Alabama. The Three Great Alabama Heros is about Ronnie VanZant, Bare Brunt and the racist, George Wallace who accused Kennedy and King of being racist!

No comments:

Post a Comment