Language Translator

Tuesday 25 September 2012

AQUATIC WARBLER at Porthloo


Record shot of the AQUATIC WARBLER at Porthloo Duckpond

  At about 10.30 I was just dropping off some guests at the airport when Bob Dawson called 'I think I've got an AQUATIC WARBLER at Porthloo Duckpond' A few minutes I was walking through the field where we had access to where it was last seen with Bob and Robin. It flew up very briefly and I commented on it being very yellow. The bird itself flew across into the field on the opposite side of the road. Here I saw it briefly in flight and noted again how yellow it looked. We waited patiently where it last landed and after a brief shower went through I spotted the bird low down in the hedge. However, I couldn't really see anything and said that I think it might be a sedgy. Before I could finish my sentence Robin butted in 'It's an Aquatic isn't it?' Bob came out with 'It's got a sodden crown stripe!' I moved to where they were and could clearly see that was a AQUATIC WARBLER! The bird performed well, but for me camera, it was hard work with the reeds blowing all over the shop. I had to go, but was told later that it showed on and off for the next hour and despite people looking, it was never seen again



 
Can you see what it is yet?
                                                      
 
Up to 3 Whinchat were at Content  

This Stonechat was on the Garrison





A Little Stint kept it's distance on Porthcressa Beach



  
This ones for Bob and very good choice Steven Gene Wold, commonly known as Seasick Steve, is an American blues musician. He plays (mostly personalised) guitars, and sings, usually about his early life doing casual work. Wold made his first UK television appearance on Jools Holland's 'Annual Hootenanny' BBC TV show (broadcast on New Year's Eve 2006) where he performed a live rendition of  this song "Dog House Boogie" on the 'Three String Trance Wonder' and the 'Mississippi Drum Machine'  I remember seeing on this show. After that show his popularity exploded in Britain, as he explained in an interview. He was well received in the UK, winning the 2007 MOJO Award for Best Breakthrough Act and going on to appear at major UK festivals such as Reading, Leeds and Glastonbury. In 2007 he played more UK festivals than any other artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment