Language Translator

Friday 3 August 2012

Canoeing with Med Gulls

A very close encounter with an adult Mediterranean Gull at Porthloo

I went out canoeing in the early evening to join the gulls resting on the sea at Porthloo. I canoed pretty far out of the bay in the very choppy water, and came across the adult and juvenile Mediterranean Gull together. Infact, I got two arms lengh away from the juvenile with the adult close behind. Over 35 Black-headed Gull arrived and joined them and as you can see I floated past them at very close range. There was no sign of the other adult or 1st summer Med.

Note me pointing out the adult Mediterranean Gull to Martin who was on the shore


Ok, I got a little too close to this one, but they are just not really bothered. I think I've found a new way of birding without bins.


It's been a very good year for breeding Robins


Looking over from Star Castle towards Samson Ildiko Solymosi


Alif Tree alias Alex Altain with 'Belle'

No comments:

Post a Comment