Language Translator

Friday 30 September 2011

1st PALE-LEMMON SALLOW for Scilly!

PALE-LEMMON SALLOW trapped at Pelistry Farm The colour is offdue to the tungstenlightingin the flatThe moth was paler in natual light.

 This morning I found there was 1 Spotted Flycatcher, 2 Blackcap and Chiffchaff, 2 Kestrel, 1 Goldcrest, new in 3 Stonechat, the Firecrest and 1 Humming-bird Hawkmoth along the Dead Pine Walk, Garrison. As I returned to the main entrance of Star Castle in me wagon, above me in the fog, was the BLACK KITE! It hung around just overhead, also being watched by two guest, before flying over the quay. Everyone managed to see it after me announcing it on the radio. It was funny, driving the two guest down town immediately afterwards and passing birders on the side of the road. They all put there thumbs up and shouted thanks as I passed by. Big Al called out 'I've got it on my house list!' And then a short drive up the road, reaching the dairy, and there was Ritchie, Tony and Chris, also with there thumbs up and happy faces. The guest commented on 'Have all the locals got these CB type things, like yours?'



The BLACK KITE over Star Castle before being lost in the fog flying towards Lower Moors

  At Newford Duckpond there were 2 Pied and 1 Spotted Flycatcher, 3 Chiffchaff, 1 Willow Warbler and a female Sparrowhawk. Just before dark before dark, The fog covered the airfield and from the control tower I heard the AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER call. Just before dark, I walked across the airfield with Tony and a Star Castle guest called John, who wanted to see the buffies. We found the 4 juvenile BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER eaisly, but there was no sign of the AGP. Tony headed off towards Salakee and as John and I were returning to me wagon, the SHORT-TOED LARK, that was found here this morning, got up in front of us calling and came down somewhere nearby. We couldn't see where it landed because it was to dark. Just after hearing the lark, Ralph called and said that he had a first for Scilly! I was thinking, what the hell is it?! It was the first Scilly record of a PALE-LEMMON SALLOW that he trapped overnight at Pelistry Farm where he and Nit are staying for the next month! He continued 'If you come now, then you can have chili with us' Even though I had just had a roast at work, I wasn't going to miss out on Nit's cooking and dropped John off and raced to Pelistry. Martin was also there and I had two plates of chiliI. We all had a very good evening.



3 different varations of Vestal. Top shot, yellow with a dark line, I found today on the Garrison. The other two shots, were taken two days ago, trapped in Martins garden, Holy Vale. Pinkish with pink line and pale with a redish line.  


Been listening to The Smiths tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment