Language Translator

Wednesday 17 August 2011

ICTERINE WARBLER at Green Farm





ICTERINE WARBLER at Green Farm 




  Overnight rain with SE found good numbers of migrants this morning. Driving to work, both Whitethroat and Willow Warbler flew ahead of me. For me, I had to wait until the afternoon and tried Maypole. The first fields that I came to had up to 8 Spotted Flycatcher,1 Pied Flycatcher, 3 Wheatear, 3 Willow Warbler and a single Chiffchaff. However, it was not until I got to Green Farm and found 5 Whitethroat, 6 Willow Warbler and a ICTERINE WARBLER! I first saw the latter bird briefly in the bracken, although distant, it did show on and off for a few minutes that I observed before hoping over the hedge into the next field. I called the guys immediately and when they arrived, despite a brief search, there was no sign of it.
Not the best shot of  Icterine Warbler  




Up to 8 Spotted Flycatcher and 3 Wheatear were at Maypole 


  Later I had a walk around the Garrison and had a total of 7 Whitethroat, 5 Blackcap, 15+Willow Warbler and only 1 Spotted Flycatcher.



7 Whitethroat and over 15 Willow Warbler were on the Garrison 


TOTAL OF SPECIES

1 ICTERINE WARBLER 
20+Whitethroat
50+Willow Warbler
10+Chiffchaff
10+Blackcap
15+Sedge Warbler
9 Spotted Flycatcher
1 Pied Flycatcher 
3 Wheatear 

No comments:

Post a Comment