Language Translator

Saturday 7 May 2011

Marsh Harrier at Salakee


 Male Whitethroat, at Juliet's Garden Martin Goodey

   The highlight this morning was a distant brief immature Marsh Harrier over Salakee. As I was observing it from near the ringing station, I went to tell Jim and told me that Jacquelin had it near the crossroads first thing this morning. In the area there was also the Cuckoo, 16 Whimbrel, 3 Chiffchaff and Blackcap, 2 Sedge and 3 Reed Warbler, 30+Swallow and 1 House Martin and my first Willow Warbler in a week.


Immature Marsh Harrier distant in the rain over Salakee


 Later at work there were 3 Chiffchaff and a single Swift. A call from Jo found me on the main path just past Juliet's Garden where was there was a singing male Whitethroat holding territory. The bird showed very well and later Robin observed it carrying nest material. I saw another Whitethroat at Green Farm, this time a female where there was also a Cuckoo and 6 Whimbrel. Tony called to tell me about 2 Spotted Flycatcher new in on the dead pine walk, Garrison. I didn't have much time but saw both birds well.  

Singing male Whitethroat at Juliet's Garden 


 
2 Spotted Flycatcher on the dead pine walk, Garrison 

No comments:

Post a Comment