Language Translator

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Male GOLDEN ORIOLE at Pungies Lane!

Male Ring Ouzel at Carn Movel  

  With in minutes of being at the golf course this morning, I saw the female WOODCHAT SHRIKE followed by a pair of Ring Ouzel, 5 Wheatear, 2 Chiffchaff and a male Blackcap.


The female WOODCHAT SHRIKE leaning into the easterly wind at the golf course 


A pair of Ring Ouzel at Carn Moval  

  Sedge Warblers at Porth Hellick had increased to 6+ with the single Reed Warbler still singing at the beach end. On the Garrison there was a male Whitethroat at the Woolpack, 4 Ciffchaff, 2 Willow Warbler and 2 Blackcap. 

Male Whitethroat at the Woolpack, Garrison 


Up to 5 Holly Blues and my first Silver Y of the year were on the dead pine walk, Garrison  


   At work one of the guest told me that they had seen a male GOLDEN ORIOLE. They told me where to go and after I finished work I went to have a look, thinking that I would not get a glimpse of the bird. I leaned on the wall and immediately saw some movement straight in front me and there it was, point blank range! It was perched mid way up in an Elm sapling at very close range. This male performed a lot better than the one I had a few days ago on the Garrison. It then moved into the next sapling and before I could fire a shot from my camcorder, the bird was up in the air, flying strongly high towards Telegraph, only to drop like a stone and land in some Elms at the top of the field, still in view. I reached into my pocket to contact everyone, only to discover that I had left the damn thing at home! My house was just around the corner and ten minutes later the guys started turning up. However, was it still there? It was, but only seen briefly in flight. With Ritchie, Robin and his mate, we decided to enter the field. While the others stayed by the road looking into the field. We stood near the entrance and waited. It payed off and with in minutes we had all scored with back and side on views, before it moved out of sight. Tony, Big Al and Martin also saw it from the road and in the end we all got good but brief views, on and off, until it flew off over towards Mcfarlands Down. This was a first for Ritchie and what a way to see your first so well and it being a splendid male!
  Also seen was a Tree Pipit, 2 Blackcap, 4 Chiffchaff, 3 Willow Warbler, that immature bloody male Sparrowhawk and my second Swift of the year.

A few of us making our way to the Golden Oriole field 

  Ritchie gave me a lift into the town so I could watch the Spurs v Arsenal match at the club and what a game it was!

Not for long! 

Get in there! 

The crowd going wild in the club after Rafael made 3-3 

The main man! 

It was a belting game of football and a great atmosphere in the club 

Sunset looking from the club this evening 

No comments:

Post a Comment