Language Translator

Thursday 31 March 2011

Weevils and Flies!

  This afternoon I had a look at Porth Hellick and met Mick and Big Al there. Before I arrived, I missed a Green Sandpiper by ten minutes and the Marsh Harrier. Mick also flushed a Short-eared Owl on the down! All I saw were a few Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff and at the crossroads, 2 House Martin and 4 Swallow.


 
 This Vine Weevil was in the swimming pool building at Star Castle. Later, when I was cleaning the floor, I found two more!  

 Also, this Double-lined Pug was in the castle

  The last few days I've spent taking photos of flies, as they are amazing creatures when you get close to them. When I find time, I will try and identify them all.





Hoverfly? at Green Farm


Noonday fly (Mesembrina meridiana) These were all over the shop 


Yellow Dungfly, Green Farm 


There were 100's of male bibio lanigerus


Dronefly at Carn Vean 



No comments:

Post a Comment