Language Translator

Monday 28 March 2011

Fog all day!

Looking from Star Castle over town, first thing this morning 

  Fog stopped most of the flying today and when they did start flying, the helicopter broke down for the second day running! What time I did have off work, I made the most of. At the airport, a female and cracking male Black Redstart were flying from post to post, ahead of me, as I drove the wagon very slowly. A very brief look at Lower Moors and there were 15+Sand Martin, 7 Chiffchaff and 3 Willow Warbler. At Telegraph, 7 White and 4 Pied Wagtail were in field next to the road, the House Martin was still over town with the Sand Martin from yesterday, and a single Willow Warbler visited the Star Castle Garden. The last hour of the day was spent at Porth Hellick. Robin joined me, hoping for the female CETTI'S WARBLER and at 20.45, I heard it call! In twenty minutes, we heard it seven times. Up to 40 Sand Martin, 4 Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler, 5 Teal and a single Swallow, Black Redstart and Grey Wagtail were also present.


 
I've been looking for a Ring Ouzel for the last week. I guess this Blackbird might be the closest I'm going to get to being one! 

A yellow variation of a Common Striped Woodlouse, Star Castle 

A brown and grey variation of Common Rough Woodlouse, Star Castle 

A 1st year Grey Heron at Lower Moors 

This Chiffchaff was one of the 7 Chiffs feeding with 3 Willow Warbler at Lower Moors 

One of the 7 White Wagtail at Telegraph 


Something big blocked my path and I wasn't going to challenge it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment