Language Translator

Wednesday 5 January 2011

2nd Janurary 2011

  In the late afternoon I made my first visit to Wellington. I was only there briefly and on the main lake there were 3 Green Sandpipers, 3 Shoveler and 30+Teal.
 Yesterday, Lathem had 32 Bewick and the 3 Whooper Swans at Cressage. Twenty one is the most I've ever seen in the county and that was over twenty years ago. When I arrived, all I could find were the 8 Bewick's Swans with 55+Mute Swans, although there could of been more swans below the dip in the field.


One of the 8 Bewick Swans at Cressage

The River Tern flowing out of Walcot Mill with the River Roden joining onto it. All my family came from this area and in this shot of the Roden is where I learnt to swim, over 30 years ago. This is where I also saw my first ever Water Rail!

No comments:

Post a Comment