Language Translator

Friday 7 January 2011

10 Ring-necked Parakeets!

Ring-necked Parakeets in Dartford Central Park, was a new species for me!

  Gayna and I drove all the way down from Shropshire to Dartford, Kent, last night. The following morning, I was sure I heard the call of a RING-NECKED PARAKEET outside my girlfriends house! When I looked for it, all I could see was a single Coal Tit with a few Blue and Great Tits. Gayna went off to work and I took a walk into the town. I was passing Dartford Central Park, when I heard the call of a parakeet again. I started walking to where I thought I heard the bird and not one but a flock of 10 noisy birds flew around at close range! This was a new bird for me and I didn't know that they were in this area. I continued to look around the park and saw one or two birds on many occasions. There was also lots of Long-tailed Tits, 2 Great spotted Woodpeckers, a single Grey Wagtail, fem Sparrowhawk and a male Peregrine flew over high, SW.


Both Great spotted Woodpecker and Long-tailed Tits were in the park

A high flying male Peregrine over the park

No comments:

Post a Comment